We previously discussed on the blog the decision to sell your wedding dress once the big day has passed. There are many of us who will not part with the dress because we attach a lot of meaning to it. While selling the dress is a perfect option both financially and environmentally, there are still a few sentimental people who just can’t bring themselves to sell up. What if we told you you could have your cake and eat it? You could keep the essence of the dress, but not necessarily have it hanging unused in the wardrobe. We have put together some great ideas to repurpose your wedding dress.
1. The first option that comes to mind is to make a party dress out of it.
2. You can get creative and make a blanket or a quilt.
3. You can make cushions! Make them as simple or as intricate as you like.
4. Framed lace or details look amazing.
5. Attaching the lace to the back of a frame makes it a jewellery holder.
6. With the same idea in mind, jewellery is also a great idea. You could give these as keepsakes to the women in your life.
7. Potentially our favourite repurposing, turn it into a bag.
All images are taken from Pinterest